BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Welcome to hookerville!

I have been travelling in and out of Northern California these days. My long travels across the country seemed to have temporarily stopped!(phew!)
For the kind of work I do, I rarely get to see my fellow team members. So it was a nice change to be in our Nor Cal office and I got to "hang" with a few of them. I work for an hardware engineering firm and as most of you probably are well aware we, engineers amongst other things, severely lack any sense of fashion. Rightly so, I guess. Our mind works in different dimensions and we rarely have a problem with it. We fall in love, marry and breed our kind. so we pass this legacy of lack of keen sartorial appeal to our generations to come!
I am not complaining, mind you. I am just observing.
I ran into one of our young project managers who had been away for the good part of the year on maternity leave. I have chatted with her before, and I somehow never seem to elicit enough (intelligent) responses from her to be able to carry on a conversation beyond 30 sec.
For some reason, on this ominous day(you will know why it was ominous in a few), she decided to show up at work in hot pink pants and a low cut black blouse! I immediately went to a stage of 'fashionaphylactic' shock and started jabbering away with her to cover my involuntary reaction.
Maybe she decided that she need to make a statement and let people know she was back in town! and needed to do it with some sense of panache! whatever it was, she succeeded in getting my attention.
But the strange thing is - that given that we are engineers, and the larger portion of the population consists of men, it probably went unnoticed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excluding the peenk pantz and peenk shirts and peenk suits from the wardrobe is as criminal as not eating chilli rellenos. abby, get over your color-discrimination for peenk!!

hail hoo for peenk power!!

Anonymous said...

update the blog, looking forward to your next fashin-police-blotter!

Anonymous said...

11.56 pm, west first street: 2 subjects found walking in inebriated state. on being questioned by officer abby, the lady subject yelled loudly and threw the thick woollen sweater of hers which had small dogs sewn all over. the male subject was wearing a pair of jeans which were torn around the ankles and a hare-rama-hare-krishna shirt and lots of beads which loked more like mardi-grass than hippie ones. "peace to the world, maaaan" he started yelling out on being handcuffed.

12.34, de anza street: officer abby stops at a late night eatery named "quizine of indya" for late dinner. she sees strange sights on the televison being played at "quizine of indya" -- tall and handsome (and badly needing hair cut) guys in thick moustaches and face thickly powdered with johnsons baby powder -- dancing and singing at the same time. on questioning the waitress, officer abby learns that those guys on tele were the leading men from newly minted movies in Indya and from a particular place known as tollywood. surprisingly, the leading women looked all younger and cute and docile in dazzling indian sarees. officer abby receives a buzz from officer willy.

12.50, elpaso real, santa claus st: officer willy is chasing a woman in a car who appears to have a severe case of dandruff. the woman drives off fast but officer willy waits for his time and uses his favourite police-chase-technique-fender-bender-4e and stops the suspect. officer abby arrives on the scene and charges the woamn with unkempt hair and takes the woman to a fumigating site.

3.30 am to 9.30 am: officer abby snores away all because of the food from "quizine of indya".

10.00 am, lafayette triangle: officer abby notices a man with theeck eye brows, even thicker than the character Bert from seasame street. needless to say, the man is instantly arrested and send for eye brow mowning center.

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I when to Doll House to buy a Sherri Lee dress that my daughter was obsessed with. I received no service from the sales staff until I asked. They gave my daughter a few styles to try on when asked what size my daughter would be, she pointed at the dress my daughter had on and said “that size”. I noticed that the dresses had no size tags on them and when I asked the sales staff about that, they got frustrated with me and gave no explanation. So I left the store with a much deflated daughter, went home and ordered the dress online and saved $200.