BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dancing queen, dancing queen

I loved the ABBA song.
Last night as I was hanging out at wonderful PCG, drinking in the skyscraper views with a wonderful Willamette Valley Pinot Noir(dont I sound poetic), I remembered this one friend and why she made me cringe every time I met her on different social occasions. The strappy spandex like dresses and the clinginess in all the wrong places just sent shivers down my spine.
I think my biggest complaint with these outfits is the unevennesss of the bottom seam of the dress. You know what I am talking about. Bottoms of dresses and some times bottoms of tops, cut zig zag. Making the wearer look like she walked out straight from the Flintstones era. There is a reason that some of us dont want to look like neanderthals, and dont want to roam around in rags. I think some demented designer decided that straight was too boring and lets go all crazy and rip off the bottoms into whatever shape and the world would be a more exciting place.
It brings me to a moral dilemma, should I tell this friend subtly to stop wearing that outfit? For other people out there, I beg of you to lead this neanderthal outfit down its darwinian path - please please eliminate by selection?

3 comments:

Easy Rider Leather Jacket said...

I am very happy to keep track the thing that I used to do. many thanks for sharing. impressive page indeed.

Easy Rider Jacket said...

Really very nice post & good work i love your work and its surprisingly helped me in my research.Thanks for sharing

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I when to Doll House to buy a Sherri Lee dress that my daughter was obsessed with. I received no service from the sales staff until I asked. They gave my daughter a few styles to try on when asked what size my daughter would be, she pointed at the dress my daughter had on and said “that size”. I noticed that the dresses had no size tags on them and when I asked the sales staff about that, they got frustrated with me and gave no explanation. So I left the store with a much deflated daughter, went home and ordered the dress online and saved $200.