BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

trapped in The BirdCage

a little sleepy, blogging from the Phoenix airport. thank God for free web access!
today was quite an important day. there was a lot of preparation for this day. An important customer was going to come and view this new technology that I was demo-ing. The customer was a 'power woman'. she held a real high posn with a biG company and was known to be a tough cookie. (trust me..this description is important)I was actually scared of meeting her.
So me and the rest of the team are waiting for her to come. She walks in with her entourage(but of course..people like her always have an entourage..eye roll).
One look at her and all my tension vanished. For all the hype, and my expectations of her...she walked in looking a little more like Nathan Lane in The birdcage and a little less like Roseanne.
Her hair, the drag-queen eye makeup, the caky foundation, the bright red rouge. I expected her to break into 'We are family' , any moment. Her hair had been styled with those big roller curls. I am sure she had stayed up in the night trying to make her hair look 'pretty'.
I could tell though why nobody had informed her of new fashions. People probably were too intimidated of her and just liked to pander to her ego and nobody dared say anything abt the big hairdo or the big eyes!
And surprisingly enough, I have actually run into people like her before. And they have the exact same make up.
But her big gaffe gave me courage...and of course bad goosebumps.

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House to get my dress and they promised they would get it in. I was so upset when they didn’t come through for me so I went Sassy Boutique. They were able to get my dress within three 3 days. They had wonderful customer service and nothing was a problem for them. I really appreciated the effort they made to make my night memorable. i will never go to dollhouse again.