BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 11, 2006

instant gratification?

been bored to death. today i ran into an interesting incident. the orange alert at the airports created a chaos of sorts. people were asked to throw away things with liquids in them - lip gloss, lip stick, moisturiser, tooth paste and the works..everybody was complaining about it.
As I was standing in line, this middle-aged woman(she must be 35..is that middle-aged)..comes along. pretty face. makeup. a little bit of a shocker was her lavender tshirt which said - 'instant gratification' in several different places.
I was kind of stunned. Perhaps, I have a limited knowledge of the english language. or maybe I had a dirty mind. But I could only think of one meaning. Women that age sporting explicit logos like that were asking for too much.
The funny thing is - that my opinion about these kind of borderline lewd tshirts and people wearing them was reinforced a few minutes later.
In the course of some random conversation, I was talking about how irksome the lines can be especially when you have to travel for work. This woman looks at me and asks, 'what is it that you do again hun?'. Innocently enough I explained that I was a consulting engineer. Her reply - ' I know my friends who travel way too much. and they are upto no good! They are all hookers'
Go figure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha..do u by any chance have a shirt like that..u wud look great in that..(-:

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House and had the worst experience of my life. I ordered a dress 3 months before my formal and it didn’t come in. she told me the dress was customized but was told a week before my formal that they could not do it and was told to chose another dress from the shop which upset me as I had my heart set on the dress I ordered. Thank you Doll House for destroying my only formal it was the worst time.