BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Alphabet Land

A B C D E FG
H I JKLMNOP
QRSTUVW
XYZ
Now I know my abc, next time wont you sing with me?

I was at a dinner party yesterday with some very pretty well-dressed women. One of them was carrying my pet-hate as an accessory. The monogrammed purse.
Louis Vuitton, Yves St Laurent, Dooney and Bourke, Coach drive me nuts. Louis Vuitton is probably the worst. They have it plastered all over the place! Their signature. LV LV LV LV.
There is no chic sophistication in creating a purse with the letters of the alphabet all over them!! No beauty. Its not artistic or even pretty to look at. if anything they look garish. A slap on the face of aesthetics.
I think its an insult to all humanities intelligence to be seen carrying these purses.
All these designers have the arrogance to think that they dont have to create a beautiful piece of art for these women. Its very philosophical actually. If you think about it.
The purses are just used blatantly to flaunt their wealth. Its like they are saying - I dont need anything to be aesthetic. I can just carry an ugly piece of material. Put the letters LV/YVL/DB whatever over it. And it will mean that I have a lot of money(they cost anywhere between $250 - $3000 bucks) and that means I obviously can buy anything I want. And thats all anyone in this world cares about anyways, right? WRONG!
Worse yet, are the people who buy the fake ones! Or maybe they have a sense of humor...
Ladies, we have to collectively rebel against the arrogance of these mindless designers. We should bring back the art of good aesthetic wear. We owe it to ourselves!

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went into Doll House for a Sherri Hill dress and I had the worst time. The staff was rude and no help to me they made me feel as if I didn’t belong into their store. I well never return there and I am glad I didn’t purchase my dress from that store.