BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 20, 2006

the happy shirt

I have been sitting in an interesting software training class all week. (sidenote: the instructor sounds like ben stein)As I havent been out to see the daylight, I had to find my next pet-hate in my confined circumstance. And I did. Even in the small population its not hard to find 'em.
Without further ado, announcing - "the happy shirt"
The happy shirt is the shirt that you wear on occasions you are happy. There is the holiday shirt, with flowers, fruits, other flora/fauna on it. These shirts were made for vacationing. You will find 'em on your flight to Hawaii/Florida/the caribbean/Mexico to show how "happy" you are going to be in the next few weeks. And maybe the next few week as a hangover from your holiday.
There is the other sweater which comes in the same category - the holiday sweater. This is the ugly sweater with tons of things - from christmas trees to bells to reindeers and Kris Kingles..only meant and sold during the holiday season. From Thanksgiving to Xmas.
When they made these pieces of garments, they were made with a destiny in mind. To change their destiny and wear it out of their contexts is a crime. A fashion crime.
Why do people still want to wear them long after their vacations or in highly inappropriate places(like the software training class), I fail to understand. Perhaps, they want to have a constant reminder that the vacation is not far away. Perhaps, they love xmas so much that they dont want to let go.
My earnest request to those people is that please look at those reminders in snapshots of your sweet memories. Your photographs. Please dont try and make us poor souls part of your "happy" memory...

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House and had the worst experience of my life. I ordered a dress 3 months before my formal and it didn’t come in. she told me the dress was customized but was told a week before my formal that they could not do it and was told to chose another dress from the shop which upset me as I had my heart set on the dress I ordered. Thank you Doll House for destroying my only formal it was the worst time.