BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 02, 2006

The bag ladies

Movie Theaters are another interesting place to watch people. Especially Indian movie theaters. Men and women make an effort to look good, dress in their weekend best. As I was doing my usual people watching, I found new material for my blog walking past me - the tiny backpack.
The tiny backpack has been an eyesore since the late nineties. I saw it back in college when young girls found it convenient to use the tiny leather backpacks to carry their books to college. The tinier, the better. Thats how we got educated in those days:)
Then came its big sister, the transparent tiny backpack. The fashionably elite, carried colorful stuff in it - I was told, thats how you make it look trendy.
Now its come full circle, where women continue to use this eyesore in place of a hand bag or a purse. I suppose they like to keep their hands free so they can use it to gesticulate easily. They remind me of those tea-pickers in the Happy Valley Plantations in Assam with their baskets on their backs, so they could pick leaves and put it into their baskets easily. Perhaps, the creator of this bag found his inspiration in Darjeeling. And found like-minded souls and sold it to them.
Or maybe they have broken up with a boyfriend and dont want to pick his calls up. They leave the phones in these funny bags so its rather unwieldy for them to get his calls. or helps them resist the temptation to pick up the phone and give him a call.
I doubt though, that all the bag ladies have broken up with their boyfriends...
Ladies, let me advise you. The tiny backpacks are a big mistake. They were never supposed to be created in the first place. Now that they have been created, we need'nt buy them. Even if you own one of them, please discard them. Dont donate them, dont reuse them. Just use the basics of evolution and then thankfully, they will become extinct.

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

I went to Doll House and had the worst experience of my life. I ordered a dress 3 months before my formal and it didn’t come in. she told me the dress was customized but was told a week before my formal that they could not do it and was told to chose another dress from the shop which upset me as I had my heart set on the dress I ordered. Thank you Doll House for destroying my only formal it was the worst time.